Thursday, January 7, 2010

The last post, weird. Each week I ramble on and on about my thoughts on each topic and how it relates to me. However, as each week progresses I learn more and more about myself as well. In my first blog in the fall, I discussed who I was. I said my age, sex, and hobbies/interests. I have learned in class that that is very common. We introduce ourselves with simple generalizations to better categorize ourselves with others. Yes, I do love to shop and be with my friends, but that's not all of me. I have learned that there is so much more to each individual and it never ends. Our past reflects on us today and inspires us for tomorrow. Before I took this class, I always lived in the moment. Not to say that is such a bad thing, but I was becoming nieve to other aspects of my life. I was not aware of accepting my past and understanding that it has shaped me to be the person I am today. The way my parents have raised me have been different than every other person out there. I have now opened my eyes and finally saw how this affects each one of us. We are all different, but in a way, similar. Race, sex, class, none of those things define who we are. They do identify our physical aspects, but they don't create a difference between people. Overall, this class has made me have a more clear understanding on the world around us, but at the same time opens new doors for many more years of endless possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. This class has also opened my eyes to make me realize that a person isn't made up of just their race, sex, and class, but there are actually many different aspects that make up an individual.

    ReplyDelete