Monday, August 24, 2009

Who am I?

I am Gillian Rose Gordon. I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. I love to dance, shop, tan, be with my friends, and sleep. My life is time spent doing homework, hanging with my friends, and working. During the school week I focus on my academics, but on the weekends I love to be with my friends all the time. The biggest influences on my life would have to be my parents. Although I love to fight and disagree with them all the time, I admire them in the way they have raised me. They have taught me to never give up no matter the circumstances. Hopefully, one day I can become very successful in my career and in a family.

Last week we learned about silence and how it sometimes can become awkward. I believe that silence can only be awkward if you make it that way. I think sometimes silence can tell more about someone than words can. I have had many experiences with awkward silences simply because of an uncomfortable situation. As an example, an old friend asked me to go out to lunch with her. While in the car we did not speak once. The car ride did not have to be awkward but we both felt that way. We then both realized how it was awkward and began to make small talk just to fill the air. Many people do that just to try and make the situation better; however, it does not always work. I believe that silence can be normal and not awkward unless you make it that way.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Gillian! You will be successful someday and it's awesome that you work. I wonder who helped you get a job? Also, I agree with you about what you learned from the silence experience. It's only awkward if you make it awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gilliian, your relationship with your parents seems quite impressive. You should have talked about the weather during the akward car ride...it could have taken up a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gillian. You, Carol, and Eric have such an incredible relationship. I am so happy our families are such good friends and we can share countless weekends together now that our brothers are on the same football team. I agree with what Jenny said, awkward situations are only awkward if you make them that way!

    xoxo. your best pal, Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillian its nice to hear that your life is going well. Its unusual not to see you during the day since we have had several classes together in the past. Oh and where do you work? I guess I'm going to go along with what everyone has said, silence is only awkward if you make it that way!

    ReplyDelete